|Home||» Products||» New Arrival||» Ammonium Oxalate|
Ammonium Oxalate is one of the strongest dicarboxylic acids that occurs in several vegetables and plants. The metabolism of ascorbic acid or glyoxylic acid helps in the production of the mentioned compound in the body. However, it cannot be metabolized but excreted through urine. Our offered chemical compound is also known as diammonium ethanedioate, which is an oxalic acid salt that contains ammonium. The molecular weight and chemical formula of the mentioned compound is 142.11 g/mol and C2H8N2O4•H2O, respectively.
The mentioned compound is non-volatile and odorless in nature with melting point ranging from 131 to 135 degree Celsius. With density of 1.50 g mL-, Ammonium Oxalate is moderately soluble in water, whereas slightly soluble in alcohol. However, it is quite insoluble in ammonia and ethanol.
Before mentioned are the uses of Ammonium Oxalate:
- Acts as a dispersant in the determination of surface interaction of platelets and for investigating the presence of oxalate monoalkylamide within the human lens
- Helps in quantifying ions of calcium and lead into the blood concentration by combining different metals.
- Used for testing blood in order to avoid plasma coagulation
- For manufacturing polishing substances
- Also acts as analytical and reducing agent
- Can also be used for determining the concentrations of metal